CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's Been a Long Time. . .

I have not forgotten all you bloggers. In fact I watch for your updates every single day. I love how blogs have kept the fun facts and information about each of you and your family flowing. Dad, "Layne" has prettty much lost his two of his best friends in the past weeks. I am sure he will be so disappointed when new friend #3 is gone too. I might be able to post pics of these departing friends, just for posterity sake. But, since July 18, he has not walked without one of the four best friends for support. Friend #1, the walker with wheels, borrowed from our 85 year old neighbor, friend #2, the crutches are gone, and still to go is friend #3, the boot, and #4 the white compression sock. When he is finally finished with all these he won't know what to do. Three months is long enough to get really attached. He has been so good not to complain or mumble about his recovery process. I know he and I both recognize how lucky he is to be living. We're so thankful that a few broken bones was all we had to deal with. We are so thankful to great freinds, ward and stake members, and family who helped in so many ways. We are looking forward to being able to get outside and enjoy these beautiful fall days ahead.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh. we can relate. after matt had crutches for such a long time, and then eventually a cane, it was kinda sad to see them go! (NOT!) congratulations uncle layne on kissing those friends good-bye! besides, who knows!? maybe you could still use the crutches like jeff does! a pair of stilts!!!

TJ and Whitnee said...

I'm glad you updated your blog! I was thinking you forgot how!

Howells Fam said...

Well it's about time! We know you watch our blogs like hawks, but you need to keep yours updated too! You've got lots of people interested in your comings and goings also. I can't believe Dad got rid of the crutches already. I don't think he should be in such a rush to get rid of the boot, take your time healing! Love you guys!

Andy & Ashlee said...

I bet Dad is feeling like a free man without all those walking aids! Hopefully this means that the leg is finally starting to feel better. Thanks for the update, but we were hoping to see some pictures too :)

John and Kathleen said...

Good to hear from you again. I am glad the Layne is doing better. I just feel bad that we haven't been up there to help you guys with yard work and such. It seems like the days go by so fast and there are so many things to do. Keep up the good work and stay safe.